Marriott Director of Bars – The Tampa Downtown EDITION in Tampa, Florida
Job Number 21102949
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Tampa Downtown EDITION, 510 Water Street, Tampa, Florida, United States
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Planned to open in early 2022, Tampa EDITION will become the fifth US property from EDITION Hotels. Situated within the new 56-acre Water Street Tampa neighborhood, the hotel will be home to 172 guestrooms and suites and six F&B outlets, including a signature restaurant, rooftop bar and terrace. The property will also feature a 204sqm Penthouse Suite, expansive spa, fitness center and over 550sqm of flexible meeting and events space. Bringing some of the world’s best talents together into one project, the property will be designed by acclaimed New York-based architecture practice Morris Adjmi in collaboration with Florida-based firm Nichols Brosch Wurst Wolfe & Associates; with interiors designed by the renowned Roman & Williams, the whole project will be underpinned by the creative vision of Ian Schrager and Ian Schrager Company.
Manages all beverage operations and staff on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include beverage service in the Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. As a department head, directs and works with the food and beverage/culinary management team and employees to successfully execute all beverage operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Beverage Operations and Driving Revenue
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws.
• Ensures cash control and liquor control procedures are followed by all Restaurant, Bar/Lounge and Room Service employees.
• Implements new concepts and promotions for the restaurant outlets and bar/Lounge.
• Benchmarks the competition and is aware of competitive promotions and strategies.
• Ensures all employees understand and comply with loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
• Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals and manages projects as needed.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, set appropriate expectations and gather critical information to communicate to areas of responsibility.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensures self and direct report managers attend appropriate core training classes.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs