CommonSpirit Health Environmental Svcs Tech in THE WOODLANDS, Texas
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Maintains the Hospital’s environment to be clean, safe and germ free. Displays image of the Hospital by demonstrating courteous and professional behavior towards patients, physicians, visitors, volunteers and other employees.
• Follows infection control practices and safety practices in all activities.
• Activities include: cleaning floors; damp dusting furniture and fixtures; making and cleaning patient beds; cleaning and emptying ash urns and waste receptacles; washing windows, walls, ceilings, vents and lights; changing light bulbs; performing non-routine floor care duties (buffing, shampooing, etc.); inspecting and replace curtains and cubicles; checking and stocking soap and paper supplies; hauling out trash; moving furniture; and using various cleaning equipment, carts and products.
• Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
• Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
• Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Education and Licensure Required:
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Requires self-discipline to perform work specifically assigned.
• Requires a display of personal attitude, courtesy and appearance for others to look favorably on the institution (much contact with public).
• Requires understanding of either verbal or written communications and instructions. Must be able to interpret written warnings as posted on doorways and chemicals. Requires use of judgment making decisions adherent to standards.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Requires continuous contact with cleaning solutions.
• Requires a normal, responsive relationship indicating sensitivity to other people. Must maintain as confidential any information accidentally gained in the process of working. Must demonstrate the ability to cooperate with others
Adequate conversational English is required to take direction from management, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines, and understand the Associate Handbook and all hospital policies.
Must have the ability to understand a variety of instructions and deliver successful results.
Sitting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching, stooping – up to 30% of time
Standing, walking, grasping, repetitive movements – more than 50% of time
Twisting and bending – 30% - 50% of time
Lifting up to 100 lbs – up to 30% of time
Carrying up to 50 lbs – up to 30% of time
Exposure of radiation and chemicals – up to 30% of time
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2021-153628
Employment Type Full Time
Department Facility Services
Hours / Pay Period 80
Standard Hours Full Time - Days
Facility / Process Level : Name CHI St. Luke's Health - The Woodlands Campus
Location TX-THE WOODLANDS
Equal Opportunity CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs