TEKsystems Helpdesk Technician in Topeka, Kansas
Hybrid position working 3 days a week remote from home and 2 days a week onsite in Topeka KS.
Under general supervision, act as first contact for any computer, application or system-related problems and be able to provide direct, telephone based and remote control/diagnostic support services to include software, hardware, and network connectivity support to internal users on standard PCs, laptops, various mobile devices, Windows desktop applications and technologies including MS Office365, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Edge, Adobe Reader, VPN connectivity, printers, and applications developed and/or hosted in-house. Support is provided in a process-oriented environment with Service Level Objectives and specific focus on exceeding customer’s expectations by delivering quality customer service.
• With minimal supervision, uses technical expertise and established guidelines to complete routine and assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
• Consistently uses courtesy while providing support to end users. Asks questions to gather information about the problem and listens carefully. Guides the user through diagnostic and resolution procedures, using clear and concise directions
• Resolves a variety of Help Desk ticket problems with good judgment, attention to detail, persistence, and in a timely manner. Documents, tracks, and monitors trouble tickets to resolution. Meets SLA requirements.
• Follows policies and procedure to ensure corporate data security.
• Executes and enforces user access guidelines and procedures.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of and troubleshoots configuration and connectivity to client/server and web-based enterprise applications and mobile-workforce applications.
• Responds positively and promptly to coworker requests for assistance.
• Participates in assigned projects, contributing to their accurate and timely completion.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1 year recent experience in help desk operations. Associates Degree in a computer science-related field and 2 years recent experience in help desk operations. High School diploma and two years of demonstrated work experience on a Service Desk. Prefer CompTIA A+ or Net + certifications. Education or training in ITIL, electronics, organizing, planning, decision making and effective communication skills preferred. Successful candidate must have more than two years of demonstrated job experience using basic writing, effective communications, training, and technical reading skills as well as skills in interpersonal relations, handling conflict, organizing, analyzing, planning, judgment, listening, decision making, cooperation, sensitivity to others, technical problem solving, and system troubleshooting. Knowledge of Windows 7 or Windows 8, and Microsoft Office is required. Candidate must be familiar with Incident Management software and processes, remote management tools, and has higher than average customer service skills. Experience with ServiceNow, Office 365, Citrix, and Mobile Device Operating Systems is preferred. In addition to normal office work conditions, candidate must have the ability to perform the physical activities of the job. Valid driver's license required.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email email@example.com. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.
- TEKsystems Jobs