Marriott Manager, Information Technology in Toronto, Canada
Job Number 21102927
Job Category Information Technology
Location The Westin Harbour Castle Toronto, 1 Harbour Square, Toronto, ONT, Canada
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first-and some second-level support including break-fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of systems) for designated property/properties. Generally works within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance for property-based systems with a particular area. Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment/processes.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2-4 years experience in the Information Technology or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related major; 2 years experience or related professional area.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Technology Needs within Budget Targets
• Assists and/or provides input to IT Leadership for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Confirms that property/properties are in compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policies (MIPs) and Information Security Manuals (ISMs). Implements solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
• Places equipment orders as directed relating to personal computers, telecommunications, local servers/networks; processes invoices for their property/properties.
• Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports as requested.
• Confirms that technology assets are secured.
• Complies with technology-related vendor contracts.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
• Writes and presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in written and/or oral formats.
• Provides customer service to associates at dedicated property/properties.
• Responds to inquiries from customers/vendors/peer group.
• Provides detailed status reports as requested.
Verifying Client Technology Needs are Met
• Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
• Provides technical guidance.
• Escalates support for all Marriott approved technology solutions (i.e. mobility devices, GPNS) and Request Center Processes.
• Supports guest and associate internet access requirements.
• Escalates problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, CLS IT Field and/or Marriott IT resources.
• Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to appropriate server/network.
• Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
• Performs routine desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
• Provides end-user support.
• Confirms technology security (i.e. encryption, patch deployment) and technology compliance (i.e. Quarterly ID Audits, MAARK1) measures are in place.
• Supports unit infrastructure (servers, switches, router, APs etc.) and engages appropriate MI IT and/or Vendor resources.
• Assists in creating and maintaining secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine preventative maintenance.
• Pulls through support for corporate, regional and property initiatives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: The Westin Harbour Castle Toronto takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
- Marriott Jobs