Veritas VP of Strategic Technology Partnerships in US, United States
Veritas Technologies solves what no one else can. As the leader in secure multi-cloud data management, over 80,000 customers – including 91% of the Fortune 100 – rely on Veritas to help ensure the protection, recoverability, and compliance of their data.
Veritas has a reputation for reliability at scale, which delivers the resilience its customers need against the disruptions threatened by cyberattacks, like ransomware. No other vendor is able to match Veritas’ ability to execute, with support for 800+ data sources, 100+ operating systems, 1,400+ storage targets and 60+ clouds through a single, unified approach. Powered by Cloud Scale Technology, Veritas is delivering today on its strategy for Autonomous Data Management that reduces operational overhead while delivering greater value. Learn more at Veritas.com .
Our Veritas Products and Strategy organization is seeking a Vice President of Strategic Technology Partnerships to join the team. This individual can be based anywhere in North America with ability to travel to Santa Clara, CA as well as partner sites.
The VP of Strategic Technology Partnerships will act as a key strategic business development leader to originate new technology partner relationships as well as drive success and growth with existing Veritas technology partners. You will collaborate with the strategy, product management, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to:
- Identify, originate, and execute successful technology partnerships with CSPs, cyber-security and other key technology ecosystem partners. This will include establishing a contact plan and executive engagement strategy, executing on origination activities, developing high value use cases and solutions for joint customers, aligning product roadmaps, business case development, commercial negotiation, and enablement of GTM teaming on marketing, demand generation and sales.
- Drive growth for existing technology partners, by developing and orchestrating new differentiated use cases or integrations as well as marketing and GTM initiatives that create unique value for joint customers.
The ideal candidate has a strategic business development mentality coupled with strong technical acumen and understanding of enterprise technology infrastructure to identify, prioritize, develop, and drive technology partnerships that enable Veritas growth while making our customers successful.
- Understand deeply a partners’ business objectives and strategy, customer base, product capabilities/offerings, and go-to-market approach and use this insight to build and execute a partnership strategy.
- Collaborate hands on with product management and engineering teams across both Veritas and partner to identify product integration opportunities that address new customer use cases.
- Work closely with Veritas General Managers and finance organization to build and structure business cases to prioritize.
- Identify who the key decision makers and influencers are at the partners, build trusted relationships, and find areas for highest impact collaboration.
- Influence key partner senior, mid-level and line-level relationships to gain preference for Veritas.
- Translate activity into accomplishment.
This individual should be an execution-focused team player that displays maturity, commands trust, and inspires confidence; with excellent people and technical skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fluid and ambiguous environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science or related discipline, and MBA highly desired. If an undergraduate degree is not technical, an MBA is required.
- Must have 15+ years demonstrated experience in strategic business development, technology partnerships, product management/marketing, technical/solution marketing or technical sales enablement role at a storage, software and/or SaaS technology provider. Mix of start-up and large company experience preferred.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in developing technology partnerships, with demonstrable impact at scale.
- Strong technical acumen, preferably in the cloud and/or cybersecurity industry.
- Data driven with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to develop business cases, evaluate and negotiate commercial structures.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, structure ambiguity, and demonstrate good judgment. Smart, analytical, strong attention to details, creative, driven and with a get-it-done attitude.
- Provide thought leadership on industry trends, market dynamics, and emerging technologies to anticipate opportunities for partnerships and growth.
- Provide strategic guidance to executive leadership based on your insights into the competitive landscape and trends.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to game theory and anticipate market reactions.
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills. Actively listens and communicates well with others with an ability to communicate and influence both an executive and technical executive audience interchangeably.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and support to team members, fostering their growth and professional development.
- An established network of professional and leadership connections within the hyper-scalers and/or cyber security providers.
As the VP of Strategic Technology Partnerships, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the company's partnership strategy and contribute to its growth and success in a dynamic and competitive technology landscape. Your leadership will be instrumental in fostering innovation, driving revenue growth, and positioning the company as a leader in the industry.
CA, CO, NY & WA remote - $280,000 – $330,000
The above pay range is based on a good faith estimate made at the time of publication and may be modified in the future. The pay offered to a candidate may vary within this range depending on factors such as education, experience, and geographic location.
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. If you only meet some of the asks for this role, that's OK! We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team. If you have the curiosity to learn and appetite to teach what you know, we encourage you to apply. Come as you are! Interested? Apply and find out more about #TeamVeritas!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
- Veritas Jobs