Kelly Services Laboratory Technician in Valencia, California
Kelly Services is actively recruiting for Laboratory Technicians (Specimen Processors) in Valencia, California.
Full-time, duration over +1 year.
Multiple positions are available with various shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the receiving and processing of clinical samples within the guidelines of the site working procedures.
• Enter data into the laboratory information systems.
• Splitting down and removing excess packaging reducing waste footprint within the building.
• Timely transfer of samples from and to internal lab areas
• Maintenance of an organized and tidy sample receipt facility/working area
• Maintain legible work records
• Follow instructions from supervisors
• Perform all job duties in a manner consistent with, laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
• Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
• Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
• Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 1+ years clinical laboratory experience.
• Good, accurate computer skills
• Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
• Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
• Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
• Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
• Weekend rotation may be required.
• Travel is not required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
• Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
• Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
• Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
- Kelly Services Jobs