ATS Automation Controls System Software Designer in United States
Controls System Software Designer
As a member of a highly motivated, dynamic, multi-disciplined team, you will design and develop world- class automation solutions. Duties involve contributing to machine concepts, design of control software, integration of software with electrical and mechanical systems, process development and machine installation at customer sites worldwide. Programming and integration assignments involve leading-edge technologies and processes utilizing PLC’s, PC’s, robotics, motion controllers, vision systems, laser and other controllers
· Design and develop software programs (PLC and/or PC based) specific to customer and project requirements based on standard ATS programming methods.
· Debug and commission control systems at our facility, during the system integration stage and then at the customer’s site during installation.
· Travel as required to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning and training duties.
· Select, test and integrate hardware and software components such as robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems and lasers.
· Work with other members of the control systems design department and other groups to continuously improve methods of integrating controls technology, with the goals being enhanced safety, enhanced functionality and reduced cost.
· Work with other members of the control systems design department and other groups to ensure that labor and material budgets as well as scheduled delivery dates are adhered to or improved upon.
· Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete, functional automation system.
· Provide thorough testing of machine functionality to verify software program completeness.
· Provide accurate documentation for each project.
· Advise customer on solving technical problems.
· Provide customer with training specific to their current project (i.e. machine operation, programming principles and program structure).
· Provide design support related to construction of CSA B51 and CSA N285.0 pressure boundary components within the ATS Certificate of Authorization.
· Strictly follow CSA N285/NQA Quality requirements as defined within the manual and procedures
· Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
· Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
· These responsibilities are subject to change as a function of the individual’s abilities.
· A post-secondary engineering degree, diploma or equivalent, specializing in mechanical, electrical, systems or computer engineering.
· Strong programming, mechanical and electrical problem solving skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Understanding of robotics, control systems and machine operation with hands-on experience is desirable.
· A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
Join our globally growing team at ATS Industrial Automation where we create complex automation solutions at the highest level that sustainably impact lives around the world.
At ATS, a publicly traded global company with a proud 40-year history, we help drive the future with our factory-wide automation solutions. At ATS Industrial Automation, what we do matters - both to our customers and to their customers. With 600 skilled employees around the world, we design, build and service mission-critical automated assembly and test solutions for mobility, nuclear and specialty automation. Our customers are leaders in their industries and rely on us to deliver what we promise - on time and on budget. Combined with our broad product portfolio, financial strength and global presence, we provide our customers with the best automation solutions wherever and whenever they need them.
Join our ATS Industrial Automation Team because:
We VALUE our People: The foundation of a great company is having the best team which is why we continuously work to develop, engage, empower and energize our people.
We’ve got GREAT Work Perks: We provide a variety of perks to our employees. Make sure you ask more about our treat days, free gourmet coffee beverages, employee referral bonus and onsite cafeteria.
We offer COMPETITIVE Total Rewards: Competitive starting salaries, overtime pay eligibility, paid vacation, Employee Incentive Bonus program, comprehensive health and dental benefits including Lifestyle Spending Account, RRSP matching program and optional Employee Share Purchase Program.
We support internal GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT: ATS Automation offers endless opportunities for professional growth and development. Ask about our tuition reimbursement program and our commitment to promoting from within.
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
Apply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn