IHG Duty Engineer 值班工程师 in United States
1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
• Ensures that the Hotels equipment is operated in accordance with InterContinental Hotels Group standards to ensure maximum efficiency and guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
• Ensures that house rules are followed and obeyed
• Ensures punctual attendance and adherence to duty schedules by all subordinate supervisors
• Ensures that personal grooming and hygiene standards are being observed doing spot checks in the morning
• Ensures all engineering employees follow the Engineering Standards and Procedures as issued from time to time
• Responsible to issues warnings to his subordinates for infringements of Hotel Rules and Regulations
• Responsible for the proper organization and functioning of the energy management function of the POMEC Department
• Supports and initiate programs for the improvement procedures and the reduction of energy and utility costs
• Analyses and monitors energy costs and expenditures for the department
• Maintains an equipment and machinery record system for the property
• Recommends to the Assistant Chief Engineer, new policies and procedures for a more economical operation and maintenance program
• Participates in the preparation of the annual POMEC Budget
• Reviews proposed capital expenditure authorization requests (CEA) forms pertaining to POMEC, and makes appropriate recommendations
• Interacts and cooperates with Hotel guests and outside contractors as directed by his superior
• Cooperates and communicates with other sections in the Engineering department
• Interacts and cooperates with other departments when necessary to provide additional or specialized services for functions, promotions and festivities
• Assists in Engineering contract analysis
• Assists tradesmen with maintenance and repair when required
• Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
Required Skills –
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Good writing skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
• Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
• 3 years of engineering experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- IHG Jobs