ATS Automation Team Lead, IT Client Support in United States
Team Lead, IT Client Support
Position Title: Team Lead, IT Client Support (15 Month Maternity Leave Contract)
Department: Corporate Information Technology
Reports To: Senior Manager, IT Client Support
ATS is an industry-leading automation solutions provider to many of the world’s most successful companies. ATS uses its extensive knowledge base and global capabilities in custom automation, repeat automation, automation products and value-added services, including pre-automation and after-sales services, to address the sophisticated manufacturing automation systems and service needs of multinational customers in markets such as life sciences, food & beverage, transportation, consumer products, and energy. Founded in 1978, ATS employs over 6,000 people at more than 50 manufacturing facilities and over 75 offices in North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, and China. The Company’s shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ATA.
IT at ATS is fast paced and focused on continuous improvement. We leverage leading technologies to drive innovation and diversification from our competitors. Our solutions are rooted in automation and our technology capability is focused to elevate digital connectivity, collaboration, analytics, and self service enablement. Our strategy is to drive global operational excellence and rethink how we deliver services while enabling growth of the organization through technology partnerships with our business segments and customers. ATS IT fosters professional development, digital impacting opportunities, and creative thinking. If you are searching for a career where you can make a digital impact, we want to hear from you!
Oversee a team of technical analysts who work on all aspects of end user device management and support including technology selection & purchase, configuration, upgrades, Tiers 1 & 2 support, and vendor/contract management. Ensure consistent, cost-effective, quality support of all company endpoints and services.
The successful candidate is a curious and ambitious technology enthusiast who has effective communication, multitasking skills, articulation, and attention to detail. They are a process oriented, customer focused individual who enjoys collaborative teamwork, complex problem solving, and have a love for desktop computing technologies.
What You Will Do:
• Alongside the manager, establish enterprise IT Service Management and end user support best practices, assisting other technology professionals within a campus of multiple ATS facilities
• Develop a Client Support playbook that will develop, lead and train process, policies, and standards for the Client Support teams
• Contribute and help lead CSI (Continued Service Improvement) of the build of self-help, level-0 support and automated helpdesk
• Oversee various ticket queues while ensuring the team is properly evaluating, prioritizing, and addressing tickets while maintaining the appropriate SLAs
• Lead key IT Client Support projects, implementations and initiatives such as Asset Management, hardware and software cost optimization, user onboard/offboard digitization and automation
• Act as lead for equipment refresh planning, vendor relationships, contract management; procure and maintain standards for all end user technologies.
• Support and training for all end-user productivity technologies such as Microsoft365 applications and other collaboration & productivity tools
• Procurement, installation and preventative maintenance of TV, conferencing, AV equipment and meeting room technology solutions
• Remain current in ATS client technologies and IT industry trends and best practices
• Provide after-hour and weekend support as part of an “On-Call” rotation and travel to other ATS sites and training conferences as deemed necessary
• Act as a go-to for executive level staff support and events
• Perform other tasks as required
What We Will Need:
• Post-secondary technology program diploma, or equivalent, specializing in business administration, desktop engineering/support, networking, or information systems.
• Industry Standard certifications such as: CompTIA A+, Server+, Network+, MCSE, CCNA, ITIL would be an asset.
• 1-2 years overseeing a team Service Desk, Desktop Support or End User Services related team
• Expert knowledge of and experience with ITIL IT Service Management processes specific to working within Incident, Problem, Change, SLM, and Service Desk competencies using ticketing systems such as Jira, ServiceNow, etc
• Expert knowledge of enterprise IT Service Management service systems, with particular emphasis on call management, analytics, performance management, escalations, and process integration
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interact confidently at all organizational levels
• Handles critical and sensitive information with the strictest confidentiality and privacy
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills
• Detail oriented and strong organization skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Technical Competencies
o Microsoft 365 technologies and Azure
o Desktop engineering technologies such as Intune, MS Endpoint Manager/SCCM
o Active Directory, Office applications, Exchange/E-mail
o Windows OS environments and virtual desktop infrastructure
o PC hardware (memory, CPU, power supply, graphics), and mobile device (iOS/iPhone)
o AV, conferencing systems and communication technologies
o Network communications knowledge with switches, routers, TCP/IP, wireless, DNS/DHCP
Why Join ATS?
Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, Treat Day is every other week!
Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
Apply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn