Northwell Health Nurse Assistant-Cert FlexStaff (Westchester County) in Westchester, New York
Req Number 15114
Provides patients with assistance in performing the activities of daily living. Assists health care team in ensuring patients safety.
Provides patients with assistance in performing the activities of daily living. Provides equipment/supplies for and appropriately assists patients with oral and personal hygiene. Prepares patients for meals/ snacks/ liquids and assists with feeding, as needed.
Assists in health care team's physical/psychological assessment of patient.
Accurately measures and records patient's temperature/pulse/respiration (TPR), blood pressure, height, weight, intake/output and bowel movement, as appropriate.
Collects required specimens; eg., urine, feces, sputum.
Reports any observable changes in patient's condition, treatment results, and/or patient/family concerns to the registered professional nurse.
Performs Grade I decubitus care. Performs preventative skin care measures including turning, positioning and heel evaluation techniques, at appropriate intervals; applies warm and cold compresses, consistent with facility procedure; applies skin cream appropriately.
Provides constant observation for patients requiring increased security to prevent harmful behavior.
Participates in health care team's responsibility to assure patient safety.
Promptly responds to any patient's call bell and/or emergency light.
Recognizes unsafe acts/conditions and corrects and/or reports same, as appropriate.
Demonstrates appropriate use of side rails, restraints, gerichair and appropriately positions patients.
Appropriately transports patients.
Appropriately responds to fire, evacuation, and internal/external emergencies and drills.
- Functions effectively within organizational structure.
Reports to nursing supervisor or designee and accepts assignment and seeks clarification, as needed.
Carries out assignments.
Reports patient care observations and findings to RN regularly.
Participates as an integral part of the nursing team.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of a Nurse Assistant Program, required.
- Certified by New York State Department of Health; maintains standing in State Nurse Assistant Registry, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of direct patient care experience in a Hospital, Rehab, or Sub-Acute facility, required.
- Heart Saver Certification, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively
- Northwell Health Jobs